August 8, 2010

Snake Farm Visit and the Fish Feeder Machine









So, one day last week, we were bored and so we decided that we wanted to go somewhere. (My dad was at work). So, we looked at the options, and decided to visit the snake farm. We didn't really know what to expect... we knew, of course, that there would be snakes... but other than that? Not much. So... we drove the 45 minutes into downtown Bangkok, and paid our entrance fee, which, surprisingly, was very cheap. It was 350 baht, which in American money is about $10. 85. Hannah and Adam were free... that might have helped a bit. So, we walked in, and were ushered to a theater, where we were just in time to see a venom extraction. They took the snakes and had them bite this funnel that had a plastic covering over it, and you could see the venom dripping into the vial at the bottom. They use the venom for studies at the hospital, which was right in front of the snake farm. When we were done, we walked through, and saw at least 30-40 snakes. So, we walked up some stairs and what did we see but some snakes in cylinders. Hannah thought they were alive and right away asked, "How on earth do they feed them!?" Uhh Hannah? THEY'RE DEAD. So, my mom made us take pictures in front of them... I know you all want to hear about me holding a python... We went back at 2:30 for a show where we saw live cobras and other snakes set loose on the ground. Then, I was standing on the edge of the crowd, so the guy said... "Hey, you, come down here." He didn't really give me a choice. He asked if I had any last words to say to "those I had arrived with"... I didn't... the picture of me laughing is when that happened. So then, he had me look into a corner, and they brought this snake a wrapped it around my shoulders. So, I know had a python around my neck, which apparently "never bites peoples". I lived to tell the tale, and so did my sisters. When we got back, we went to Villa, our neighborhood grocery store. Outside it is a fish feeder machine, which feeds into the lake. If you're lucky, you'll see the HUGE fish in the lake... or not. More pics later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment