August 2, 2010

New Layout and Monsoon Season...

So, how do you like the new layout?! Many many thanks to Kajsa Ryne for designing it!!!

So, I've experienced monsoon season first hand. When it rains here, it pours BUCKETS of water. At least once a day without fail, you hear distant thunder that grows closer. Then, about 30 minutes later, the sky goes all dark and it starts pouring. If you walk about 3 feet outside, you're drenched. It's a pretty beast storm :). The whole rest of the day it's really nice. Thank goodness it didn't rain our whole first week, but now it rains almost every day.

So, what's new? Well, we got our air shipment in, and it's nice to see some of that stuff that I haven't seen for 2 months... There are actually some books to read! Yesterday I read the Overton Widow by Glenn Beck and I actually liked it. It was kind of hard to understand, but I think if I read it again I can solve that problem.

So, in Seattle, we went to Deseret Books, and for all of you 1st warders out there, you know that picture in the YW room of the girl in the armor of God? I found a picture of that and I bought it!!! :) It made me soooo happy! I also found some pencils that had Joshua 1:9 on them, so I'm going to use those at school.

Well, that's all I can think of for now...

Swa ti ka!!

Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Oh, well, thank you dahling =)
    It did turn out well, didn't it?
    I am also, by the way, very jealous of the rain you are having....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you don't want to be jealous of THIS rain... it's monsoon rain, and it's hard rain, violent winds...

    ReplyDelete